The Sport of Kings
[html]

ooc: You figured right, Alli ^_^.

The ivory and merle female sat quietly on a bench near Jacquez as the male stood and issued his speech to the participants of the race. She could hear every word loud and clear as her king issued his encouragements to the racers. She even heard Rue whinnying at the sound of Jac's voice. The delicate optime decided that she would have to go play with the small creature after the race. Jac would likely become too absorbed in the festivities, and that was his right. He had, after all, organized this race as a form of enjoyment for himself. That was just the way he worked, and she dared not try to change him. Her pale blue, pupil-less eyes flickered around in front of her in the direction of all the action. She could smell the horses, and their riders, two of which she knew personally. The slender female was excited that both Heath and Haven were riding. Heath, with his love of horses, would probably just enjoy the race, although she did not deny that she wanted him to win. However, she also thought Haven could use a victory, however small it might be, in his life at the moment. With the tremendous emotional injury he had received recently, the younger male needed a pick-me-up.

When Jac had stopped speaking, Ruri excitedly called out, "Good luck!" Her kind nature led her to direct the words at every participant, not just her friends. Everyone, whether they were from Cour des Miracles or Aniwaya, would hopefully appreciate the gesture just the same as it was the best encouragement she could offer. There was no way she could top what Jac had just done and she certainly did not want to try. Turning to Jac, her long gray hair blowing in the gentle breeze, Ruri whispered, "Jac, be sure to tell me what's happening, okay? I wanna know how Heath and Haven do in the race." She didn't know if Jac would narrate the race to her in a play by play or just tell her the outcome, but if he would do something to the effect of either of those things she would appreciate it. She was enjoying the event so far, but she had never before been to a horse race. Hearing the outcome was important.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread