The Sport of Kings
[html]
ooc: Probably my last post - this is the final round of racing, so posts after the winners cross the finish line are optional. Thanks for participating!!

The horses surged forward, their hooves flashing in the sunlight, thundering footfalls kicking up a massive cloud of dust. The king leaned forward with interest, drawn to the menagerie of colors shifting and bobbing as each werewolf handled their steed. "They are all so fast," he growled to Ruri, resting his hand protectively on her slim shoulder. "Haven and Heath are fighting for the lead, and the AniWaya tribe's alpha is just as fast, I think he's going to beat them! Then there are the two tribal ladies, looking very nice atop their mounts, elles sont tres belles, vraiment!" He licked his lips, black eyes tracking them as they soared across the field until he could almost feel Ruri's accusatory gaze on the back of his neck. The monarch cleared this throat, resuming his close captioning.

"Eh, the ladies are closely followed by their packmate on the spotted horse, he seems to be enjoying himself quite a bit. I cannot tell who is leading, the three gentlemen are all very close. Everyone here has a fighting chance!" He ruffled his companion's ears, pleased to see her enjoying the sport thusly. Neither of them had much previous experience with horses, so it was very much a novelty. The track was an oval, and the race would be complete once they crossed past the posts that had marked the start. His little filly, Rue, was prancing up and down and bleating excitedly, waiting for the fleet-footed adult horses to come thundering back her way. They were more than half-way there, and it was going to be a close finish!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread