Pale Green Eyes
I just placed Cwmfen in her den - I hope that's all right? I'll change it if not Smile Word Count: 370

[html]

So rarely was she in this form, that she still stopped to study her own shadow from time to time. Obvious, now, was the bulk around her stomach. It held many promises, though their nature was hardly something she longed to touch. She could not shift now, she knew that, and she missed being able to play her instruments. They would perhaps have proven a comfort to her while she waited for the inevitable. But, she could not risk shifting, not with the pains that shook her every so often. It came mostly at night, when she had nothing to occupy her mind with except waiting for sleep to come. One day, a final sleep would envelope her, and perhaps, then, it would be a comfort. She had no memory of her last birth, having fallen unconscious and in the care of her aunt. But the pressure of death looming over her - that, she could remember.

The sun sat high in the sky and her shadow was short and chubby. She had always been slim, almost thin, even. Not built for anything but moving fast, but stealthily. She had been an excellent fighter, once. Agile, swift. She had not kept those abilities alive, hadn't nurtured them. And now, she sought the one in this pack that truly was a fighter. Except, she was also a leader, and now a mother, too. Mew did not really know the female well, but in every encounter she had appeared courteously and pleasantly towards her. The ivory woman did not expect Cwmfen to turn her away, and she certainly came at a decent hour. There was a purse around her neck, one she had sown herself when she was younger: she usually kept her musical treasures in it. Now, it held meat. A gift was only timely, after all Mew had yet to congratulate the femme on her litter. That was the cover under which she approached the dark leader today. Her olfactory sense led her to the warrior's den, and she stopped at a distance, calling out. She would give the female the opportunity to turn her away if she was not available. "Cwmfen? It's me, Mew. Do you have a moment?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread