haemoglobin is the key.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_skulls.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Buhhh. I cannot remember if Inferni does 7mo adult rank or 9mo. >_> -iiiiidiot- I said 9mo. Rdumb.

The coyote woman had lived in a wolf pack. It had been a very long time ago, true—but she found it distasteful to grovel to her alphas at all times, hyper-alert to display submissiveness to them at all times. It was irritating, to say the least. Kaena endured it because there were few canines in the pack, and her abilities had earned her a rank above some of them, with the promises of leadership from her alphas. When that came, the hybrid woman thought things would change, that Wera and Narcyz would not demand such constant submissiveness from her, but it was not so. If anything they grew more demanding of the ashen woman, and perhaps that had contributed to their demise.

For all of Kaena's years, she could hardly name enough "good" wolves in her book. There were three or four, the rest just acquaintences or sources of information. Even these were not beyond her sniper's scope should she choose to target them; the hybrid woman could be very easily swayed and turned against her feeble alignments with wolves. "I would try to avoid wolves until you can defend yourself well. I will help you on that end," the hybrid promised, thinking of her dead coyote children. Ikatha and Baneesh needn't have died.

Mason's question brought thought to the coyote's face, and she turned to him, looking at him and trying to determine his exact age. She was not particularly good at that and she could not recall if he said he had been two months of age when he arrived or if he had been wandering for two months. "I think so. You can start as early as seven months," the coyote said. Most of her children had begun right about that age, though she herself hadn't learned to shift until she had come to 'Souls at nearly a year and a half. "And at nine months, you receive your adult rank," the hybrid added.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread