haemoglobin is the key.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/S ... ranges.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:300px; border:1px #000000 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px;">
Mason let out a sigh. Kaena always gave him sound advice, and he really looked up to her. But it was hard for him to accept some things. "I don't go looking for them," the coyote youth grumbled. "They find me." His expression was sour as he spoke of the wolves. His last close experiences with them had left something to be desired. He sincerely doubted Xeris' character and had not been impressed by her. She seemed as capable of the prejudice he felt right now. And the trespasser whom the clan had attacked had just been a total idiot. There had been Claire, but she hadn't made much of an impression on him. She could hardly recall his interactions with her, but she had not swayed him either way.

The hybrid boy grinned when he imagined Kaena helping him to "defend" himself. He recalled that the woman, though graying, moved like a force of nature with the fury of a dragon. He felt quite secure with her promise, but he would not cower behind the Clan's borders afraid of every little thing or creature he came across. "I will run fast if I get in trouble," he concluded. Although he yearned for the day when he would be big and old enough to take a pound of flesh from an enemy of Inferni, he knew that he would have to survive the coming months in order to realize his full potential.

"What is it like?" Mason asked, referencing shifting. He had seen many of the adult members of Inferni in their two legged forms. He knew that Kaena also preferred that form. He tried to seem confident, but his uncertainty bled through, betraying a fear evident in the youth. "Does it hurt?" He flattened his large ears against the back of his head. "It isn't like I am afraid or anything," he muttered, trying to save face.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread