Walking the line
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Oh, durr. I said I was going to give you spare tiemz to reply, but I suck and I wrote a post anyway. D: I sorryz, plz2b a'takin your time in replying. ^^

Kaena herself had learned that same vital lesson that had earned Susquehanna her scars, evident in the slashes across her own muzzle. They were oddly similar in placement, and that thought struck the hybrid with amusement, clearly lighting on her scarred features as she tapped her own russet-splashed muzzle with a gray finger. There were many tiny nicks and cuts, as anywhere else on her body, but only two scars showed plainly, the slashes extending right across her muzzle. Beyond that, the encounter had nearly cost Kaena her life. She had been young and reckless, and unsuspecting of the vengeance the Clouded Tears wolves would take for her hunting on their land.

"A scar is one good way to learn a lesson," she commented solemnly, drly, though the amusement at the unexpected similarity between the two wildly females still clearly showed in her face. The sable woman had seemed to drop her guard, as did Kaena upon first recognizing Susquehanna's familiar scent-badge. Upon the woman's confirmation of her origin, the hybrid woman seemed to relax quite a bit more, listening with interest. A fire-maker obviously made fire, but what use did AniWaya have for fire that it was necessary to dedicate an entire rank to it? Curiosity burned in the silver canine, but she dared not ask, instead nodding and allowing her position to relax further, showing the woman she appreciated the gesture.

"Kaena Lykoi, Inferni's Centurion, second-in-command," she said, introducing herself and stating her title. "I held this position when Inferni was first conceived on the old sands," she said rather proudly, more boastful of the legacy and meaning in that than the title itself. Things had come full circle, and Kaena was quite pleased with the way everything had turned out.

For all of her ease, the coyote could hardly have predicted the next words from the raven-furred wolf's mouth, and her jaw dropped slightly, her yellow eye narrowing at first and then widening right back up again, at first intensely angry and suspicious and then simply shocked, somewhat appalled at Haku Soul's behavior. Kaena had been far less stable in her youth, and she had gone so far as to kill a family member, her very child—but that was quite some time ago, and that act was not a part of her conscious anyway. She clearly recalled the aftermath, but there was no recollection of actually attacking Maeryn, spilling her blood, and tearing her soul from her flesh.

Kaena had not been a part of the Dahlian war, and so naturally she did not recall such events, though she clearly understood why the riot had been incited if Haku was involved in any way. Still, that solo encounter with him was enough to sour most of the pack in her opinion, though they were not enemies which sparked her ire nearly as much as Phoenix Valley, which seemed to have a problem teaching its damn wolves to respect others borders. Twice she had caught wolves from that pack traipsing on coyote land like they owned it.

The ash-colored canid remained quite for a moment, absolutely uncertain as to how to react. She spoke slowly, regarding the woman with that flaming yellow eye as she spoke, scrutinizing the bi-colored eyes for any hint or sign of deception. "I would hope you are of a different breed than your nephew," the coyote half-spat, half-challenged, her anger barely concealed at the mention of the chocolate-colored wolf.

"This is thanks to him," the monochrome woman spoke, her fingers brushing aside the shaggy optime fur to reveal the horrid chunky scar on her collar where Haku had taken a bite of her flesh. Your family is as crazy as mine, she thought gruffly as she allowed the fur to fall back over the healed wound. It was still a shiny red scar, not completely healed but almost there. In the coming months it would pale and pucker like her other injuries, and eventually it would be nothing more than an aching reminder of the Dahlian subleader.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread