nightTERROR
[html]
Please beat me if I ever take this long to reply to you again. D:

The silvery coyote enjoyed this closeness with her children, even if she knew that she toed a dangerous line with Samael. His love extended beyond the reach of a normal child's, though the hybrid had no fear of him. He was a monster, yes, but he was her monster, and he would never seek to hurt her. The hybrid smiled just a little, her scarred muzzle crinkling with it, and she held him tightly. "We can live together like a family again," the hybrid mused, murmuring a secret hope of her own to her boy, marveling at his closeness. The rest didn't hug her like this, like they were still puppies that needed her. The rest were beyond needing her, too adult and wrapped into their own lives to require their own mother's presence anymore, but not Samael. Samael would always need her, and that was strangely comforting to the hybrid woman.

A heavy sigh escaped the hybrid's lips, and she could not help but miss Ahemait. Her brothers were here, and she was the missing puzzle piece to this part of Kaena's life. At least one of her litters stood the best chance of being complete; this one, they'd all survived to adulthood and they were all still kicking, though Kae had pondered Razekiel's death not a week before his return. "I worry about you, alone," she said. The silvery hybrid shut her eye tightly, and a shiver ran through her body. "I'm just glad you're here now," she said, shaking her head and wondering how she had come so close to losing something so precious, how she had walked walked away from this at a different time in her life. She could not fathom it; there was not a single thing that could have driven her away now.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread