partners in crime
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_tropic.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:25px;">
I hoope soooo. -stares at them longingly!- I was thinking, we could play it up till the point that they find a place to stay, and then we'll just establish that as their home base? Big Grin I was thinking some kind of small, slummy motel close by the port? You! Throw ideas at me, prz. <3

Rurik had not explored places as these since he had last visited the northern coast. There were few places in Europe and Asia that were unexplored like this anymore. Most of them had been raided for what was useful and left for dead. The canine populations were growing rather rapidly, though not in the exponential way as the humans. For their civility, few had lost their instincts, and the drive to preserve the species and breed within reason was still existent. Though certainly this younger batch of children had been as unplanned as the last, the Russian could not deny that he had risked the possibility in knowing Verusha used no herbs and took no precautions, and it had been his gamble. This was not to say he was not happy with the way things had turned out; he would give anything in the world for his children, and he loved them dearly. The silver canine understood fatherhood now; he was meant to protect and nurture them and make them strong. Zaets, Zorish, and Vladimir had turned out just fine, he thought—but he did not know them so well, and perhaps his lack of presence in their youth had left a lasting hole in their heads.

Liliya was almost frowning as she followed Silas inside, peering around the dimly lit innards of the building, glad the sun was still bright enough to send some light inside. Lily would have been perfectly happy remaining at home where she had been born, though she hadn't expressed that thought to anyone just yet. It was sort of easy to discern, though the wide-eyed way she regarded every new encounter could certainly be misconstrued as wonder. The tawny canine almost asked Silas to leave the door open, but she stifled the urge and instead cracked a nervous smile, glancing forward toward her father and speaking low, rumbly Russian to Silas, hoping it escaped his ears. "I'd sleep on the ground if only it didn't sway and buck," she lamented, having found it rather difficult to remain sleeping on the ship. It was almost unnatural.

The gray wolf was a few feet ahead of his children, peering around at what seemed to be the inside of a subway or train station. Some distance away, he could see into the cavernous black that was the subway line, and the growing sound of running water told him that it was likely flooded. Still, there was something useful here, maybe. He turned to the children, nodding. "Sometimes, they have city maps in these. If we find one, I will know which buildings we should use," he said, confident one of them would mark out a hotel. There were likely to be travelers in these parts, and humans had liked very much to know where they were going in their convoluted world.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread