an epidemic of the mannequins [j]
[html]

=D It's been a while since I've had a Cmwfen thread! 500+ words.

######The presence of another was expected and was welcomed warmly by the deceased girl. Lifting her gaze to study the woman, Lolita was surprised by the strange blue markings that adorned the woman's body. "Ez így lehűlni," she mused in the tongue she had taken up in her travels, studying the strange markings with interest. She held an unnatural marking as well, the tattoo on her forehead, but it was strange to see someone else with something so different. Everyone wanted to be the same, to conform to what everyone else wanted them to be like. She had always been different, though, and from what she could tell of the pack woman, she was not your average wolf either. How different the black and blue woman was, she was not able to tell just by looking at her, but it was reassuring to know that she wasn't the only one who ventured a little out of the ordinary.

######Realizing that the woman likely wouldn't understand the language she had inadvertently used, she smiled sheepishly, sitting up against the tree she had been laying beneath. "Did you want some? Or did you not mean it like that," she asked, the seconf part not really a question, since she suspected that it was not what the woman had meant. It did not occur to her that there was anything wrong with the idea of smoking on a pack's borders, or she might have said something more than offering the smoldering bowl to the pack woman. Smoking this herb was such an important thing to her. Otherwise, she would feel less alive in her current state, even though that was a lie in itself. It made her feel like she wasn't going to crumble and decompose instantaneously into the ground beneath her feet. There was nothing unusual about what she was doing, in her eyes, but she supposed that others might see it as such, so she would put it away if the blue marked female didn't want any of the lovely.

######In a second response to her question, Lolita felt that she had answered the question more appropriately when she said, "Actually, I guess I was waiting for someone. . . Anyone, really, but it's not like it was urgent or anything. I have all of forever, basically. This smelled like a pack, so I thought I might be able to join, if possible. No one likes to be alone in their life, right? Well, I can tell you from first hand experience, it kinda sucks when you're dead, too." Being dead really was such a hassle. First of all, everyone seemed to think you were crazy, and it was always annoying to consider how most of the dead got to sleep and rest or whatever, but she had to keep on walking. And then there was the fact that she always felt a little under the weather, except right after taking a hit. Right now, she felt pretty good, but she knew the annoying tendencies of being dead would catch up to her soon. Hopefully it would wait until after her meeting with this woman, though, considering she didn't seem like she was interested in Lolita's stash. It would be terribly rude to pull it out a second time during their very first meeting, indeed.

Table by Samael Lykoi!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread