where the road parts
[html]
Snake’s general aura became a good deal softer—through gratitude, truly—when the other coyote said that he’d call the leader to see about his request. The sandy-colored boy was really just winging this; he didn’t really know what he wanted, and was hoping that maybe he’d find it if he happened to get into this clan of coyotes. He believed it was the best chance he had. He didn’t want to go back to the road. Cold, uncaring, and lonely—that was the life of the road. He missed community.

As the stranger—newly Christened Hezekiah, actually—extended a hand to him, a ghost of a smile appeared on Snake’s otherwise-stoic face. He returned in kind, grasping the other coyote’s hand in a strong and yet kind grip. He could almost feel a friendship beginning to burgeon right there. “Nice t’meet you, Hezekiah,” he replied. “Name’s Snake.”

Within almost no time at all, the called-upon leader appeared. Snake—who was knowledgeable of etiquette enough—immediately shrank when her presence drew nearer. He lowered himself by bending his knees slightly, rounded his shoulders, and dipped his head while averting his olive eyes. He felt the single-eyed gaze of the woman on him, but he fought the urge to look back. The few seconds that he did see of her was quite impressive—scar-riddled and tattooed, the woman was more unique than any other person he’d met along his short journey. This will surely be interesting, it seems.

She introduced herself as Kaena Lykoi, the lieutenant of the pack. The younger coyote acknowledged this with a small nod, but didn’t really have any more time to introduce himself. Kaena was efficient, going for the throat and immediately asking him the questions that were important. A knot grew in Snake’s gut as he realized that… well, he wasn’t very distinguishable. He was honest, though. “I’m not really specialized in anything, but I’m willing to learn and I’m willing to work. I’m willing to prove myself.” And that was all that he could offer from the get-go.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread