where the road parts
[html]
I's sorry for skipping you, Akumu, but I wanted to hurry this along a bit. <3 I left this open in case either of you wanted to reply anymore! Big Grin

mall-caps;">In Character

The hybrid woman herself was quite accustomed to life on the outside. She had spent years within Inferni's borders, but the year and a half she'd been alone had proved to Kaena she was still as much of a survivor as always. There was not so much fight in the outside world, rather the daily grind of fetching and felling dinner, finding a warm and dry place to sleep, and simple living. It was almost mechanical, and there had been some comfort in that. But despite her coyote blood and her tendencies to be an anti-social canine, the hybrid woman had naturally come to miss her home in Inferni, and upon her return she was too glad to swing back into her familiar routine.

The coyote remained where she was, her sharp eye still regarding the newcomer canine with interest. He had a strange adornment on his head, and the most striking green eyes the coyote woman had seen in some time. He seemed to shrink, retracting into himself at the sight of her, though Kaena could not discern whether it was submissiveness or fright at her appearance. He spoke, responding to her question with an answer that in and of itself, was not incredibly pleasing. But he was honest, and he was still young—an overconfident or deceptive type might have tried to play up what strengths he had while skimming over his general inexperience, but not this tawny male. The honestly counted majorly in his favor, as did his age.

The coyote turned to Hezekiah for a brief moment, an almost indiscernable look on her face. It was urging for him to speak any reservations he might have about the youth now, but the coyote woman knew he wouldn't have called her here if he did not think it was worth her time to inspect the new presence. Though the final decision, at least in this instance, rested with her. Gabriel could always veto anyone she chose to allow into their borders, though with their numbers dipping so low, it was difficult to imagine anyone but the most useless of fools being denied entrance to the coyote clan.

He was not the bumping energetic youth that Mason Hesiod had been, but the coyote could certainly see his adolesence in his face. There was a slight smile tugging at the charcoal corners of her lips, and she nodded. For a moment, it seemed that was all the reaction the hybrid woman would give, but the gears in her head were turning, and it was not more than a quarter of a minute before she came to her decision. "You are welcome to stay with us," she said, and though the words themselves seemed ambivalent, the coyote had used a warm and inviting tone towards the youth. "Welcome. Our leader is Gabriel, my son."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread