where the road parts
That's okay, my life took a major shit on me and I've been in over my head as of late. o_@ My last post here, yay.
[html]
Out from the forest just beyond the tall standing pikes did Kaena emerge in all her scarred glory. It was hard for Hezekiah not to bright visibly as he saw her, the gentlest of waves in his tail was among the most outward signs of expression he gave. Even though his own attributions to Inferni were minute, he did as he was told and had not strayed from their territory, wanting neither to encounter those who disfavoured them or stumble across where he had come from, if it were indeed closer than he thought. Remembering what happened to him didn’t matter so much at all any more; he remembered that for the longest time, he had wanted to get away. Now, he was away.

So as the sable-and-grey hybrid addressed Snake, Hezekiah took on an observational role, noting how concisely Kaena made the process. His gaze wavered between the two, watching them exchange—and much to his relief, Snake was no more skilled than he was so at least they had something else in common—information with relative ease. When Kaena’s attention turned towards him, he smiled with faint encouragement; this moment was purely the tipping point between reinforcement and punishment for him, but in his own interests he wanted the other boy to be allowed to stay. His staying was praise enough for a greeter who had absolutely no idea what they were doing.

Silence drug on for a few more seconds until she deemed he was fit to stay and the wag in Hezekiah’s tail came back for a brief moment as their gathering concluded. “C’mon,” he said to Snake, “I’ll show you where the caves are.” Given that most of the coyotes in Inferni made their homes where the caves were, Hezekiah included for the time being, he figured getting the other boy somewhere to come back to so he could rest would be beneficial. And with that and a momentarily smile to Kaena, he started back in the direction of Inferni.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread