there was only fire.
[html]

Don't be - my posts vary in length usually. . . Like, 300 then 700, or 500 then 2000, etc. XD; 500+ words.

######Startled by the sudden movement and obvious anger of the woman in front of her, Lolita yelped in surprise, stopping in her tracks so quickly that she nearly stumbled over herself. Straightening herself, she smiled sheepishly, shrugging her delicate shoulders at herself. "I didn't know if I wanted you to know I was there," she explained, regarding the way she had been walking so strangely. In a way, she was still much younger than her body depicted, having died before she was even a year old. Her experiences in life had contradicted one another thus far. She had grown up being abused by her brother and knowing something was wrong with her (unknown to her, this was an earlier symptom of her disease, which later led to knowing she was no longer alive), making her younger than she was, physically. However, her experiences with Pippa, and later everyone else under the sun that she could find, had aged her more than her actual lifespan. However, having died at such a young age, Lolita still had many childish qualities that sometimes emerged.

######The tattoo on the gray woman's chest caught her attention, and she made no move to disguise that she was looking at it so intently. It reminded her of her own in the brightness of the red marking, but while she knew the meaning behind the tattoo on her forehead, she did not understand what the meaning of the tattoo might be that she was looking at now, but she had no doubt that it had meaning to the older woman. Otherwise, she surely would not have decorated her body with it. The many scars and the missing eye were likely not by choice, but a tattoo was permanent and chosen by its wearer, in most cases. Shaking her head, Lolita realized just how intently she had been staring at it. My goodness, she was very rude today! First, she had followed this woman without permission or letting her know she was there, and now she was staring, and she hadn't even introduced herself yet.

######"Oh, I'm Lolita. I don't suppose I can ask you a question, could I?" She was going to ask it anyway, regardless of the answer, if the gray woman even chose to answer. It was going out on a limb, but she was dying to know if her initial thought had been correct. Even though the woman looked to be alive, there was the possibility that she wasn't. "Are you dead, too? You don't look it, but even if you're not, do you know anyone that's dead? It's kind of lonely." It was very difficult for her to go very long without complaining about her condition, but she had deemed that fair. Everyone else could live and be happy about it, and she had to be dead, so she deserved to complain about it as much as she wanted. No one ever understood, and since it was such a hassle, she deserved to complain about it.

Table by Amber!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread