there was only fire.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_rain.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; text-align:justify;"> Me too. XD Sometimes I have a hell of a lot to say, and other times, just not. D:

The silvery hybrid looked with interest at this wolf. She was strange-looking, with brilliant crimson adornments, one not terribly unlike her own, though it was vastly different in shape and likely meaning. The Centurion did not make a move, instead remaining absolutely still save for the quiver of her charcoal nostrils as she breathed, the slight and steady rise and fall of her chest. The coyote woman despised the answer, and it was all she could do to contain the rage. Kaena thought it was rather impertinent and stupid of the young woman to be stalking someone, completely ignoring the fact that she herself had just been engaged in that very same task, remaining silent and surreptitious as she could while attempting to discover the chocolate Dahlian wolf's whereabouts.

The coyote did not respond, instead waiting for her question to be answered, her raptor's eye still burning as she studied the pallid wolf. Her eyes were most curious, and though they were of a brilliant jade color, they lacked the brilliance and fire of living eyes. That startled the hybrid woman, and the tension in her decreased just a knot, curiosity and a little bit of a chill creeping up her spine as the woman spoke, her voice rather flat. The coyote's question had been answered, and it seemed fair to trade questions back and forth, so she nodded, looking at Lolita with surprise on her scarred face as the real question escaped the creamy woman's muzzle.

Kaena's arms unfolded and she appeared honestly shocked, as if she did not know how to react to the situation at hand, and truly—she did not. So she answered the question, mechanically and interpreting it as literally as possible. "I am not dead. Maybe I should be," she allowed gruffly, thinking of the many times she'd skated just past death's reaching scythe. "But I am alive." This was an assertion.

Her response to the second question was far less curt than anything else that had passed the scarred muzzle thus far, and Kaena seemed to almost soften. "I know a lot of dead people, actually... but they've all passed along," she said. "Why do you speak of the dead as though you're among them?" the coyote asked rather bluntly, her yellow-gold eye reflecting sheer curiosity now. Whoever this wolf was, she was different, phenomenally so, and it intrigued the silvery hybrid.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread