there was only fire.
[html]

Sorry for the wait and the crap. Getting my ass kicked. :< 500+ words.

#####Considering the explanation contemplatively, Lolita studied the various scars that covered the woman in front of her. She was most intriguing, having so many scars and dances with Death. To hear death being called a male and to be given an almost life-like description was something she had never heard before, but it was an interesting thought. Suppose death really was someone who followed you around, and subsequently, maybe she was not truly as lonely as she felt sometimes. That was an interesting thought, though she did not know if it had much credibility, as she had never noticed Death following her around before. Because of that, the thought was less comforting than it had been initially, seeming unlikely now.

#####Still, she did not see it as necessary for the woman to claim that she should be dead; being dead was no fun, because there wasn't even the chance of resting, it seemed. Being dead and still walking seemed like the end for her, and a completely dreary one, since she had no other options. "But you're still alive, so maybe Death just wants to play with you. Maybe he likes you," she offered, finding it a completely plausible reason for the older woman's life. "Are you really older than ten? And what's your name?" There was awe in her voice, her young age showing through. Though her body was older, her mind had stopped in most respects when she was less than a year old when she had died. There was also envy behind her words, though it was quieted by how surprised she was that the woman was so old. Lolita could never be ten years old, which wasn't fair. Why hadn't Death let her get old and cool first, before taking her life away from her?

#####She sighed, the sound exhausted. It couldn't be helped; she had expected that this woman, who seemed to know a lot about death, would not question her too much. "But I am dead. I know so, because my brother killed me, and I feel dead. I guess. . . Death just wanted me to keep walking. It's not fun being dead, so don't try to get there anytime soon," she warned, although it did not seem like the silver one planned to die yet. "I can never stop being dead. I don't even think I'll ever be able to rest, really. I've been dead for six months now and I haven't stopped yet, so I think I'm just gonna have to keep walking forever." There had to be ways to stop herself from continuing to walk. Perhaps if someone tried to kill her again, she would finally die all the way. The prospect of walking around forever in death, while it had seemed cool after she had stopped panicking way back then, was not one she enjoyed very much. Despite this, she did not know if she was really ready to completely die yet. Her death had occurred when she was so young, and there was so much she was being given the chance to do now, despite being dead. At least she wasn't rotting in the ground yet.

Table by Amber!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread