there was only fire.
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
    The silvery canine had personified death in her mind for some time now. Death must be something like a god, he must have a damn funny sense of humor, too—otherwise Kaena could not think of a reason why she should have lived. The hybrid woman had inflicted quite a lot of pain and death upon others in her lifetime, and she knew she was not one of death's Angels, though they had been sent to her in the form of her children. They had been birthed and they walked the earth, and that purpose was done, if it had ever been a true prophecy to begin with.

The coyote finally smiled at this notion of death wishing to play, shrugging her shoulders. Death had never been portrayed as a playful thing, instead a somber and dreary man in a hood, with skeletal fingers and a hood—or a dark, jackal-headed god. The hybrid woman wondered what it would be like to see death in a childish light, playful and granting eternity to those he touched. It was a comfort, but thinking like that (eternity being granted in the afterlife) was a dreadful way to live life. It took all of the vigor right out of it. "Perhaps he does play with me. I wonder if it is in the manner of a cat playing with a mouse before she eats it?" the hybrid thought aloud, a rare philosophical thought piping from her scarred muzzle.

Her face hardly changed as she addressed the issue of age, though inwardly she bemoaned the idea of having broadcast that she was ten. It was a milestone, an achievement, a rarity, all of the above—but still, age was a distinct weakness. The silvery hybrid nodded, speaking in her usual raspy fashion in response. "I will be ten on the seventh day of the next moon's cycle," the coyote said affirmatively. "I am Kaena Lykoi, of Inferni. And you?" she inquired in response, having already gleaned that she was Dahlian in origin, though freshly so.

The hybrid woman considered the younger canine's words even as they spoke, churning them over in her head. "Perhaps you meant to die, as did I... but there was a mistake?" she suggested, still finding it difficult to believe the youth was dead. There was a distinct difference between should be dead and straight up dead, and Kaena thought if the woman was truly dead her flesh would be rotting by now, after six months. "If you cannot truly die, take it as a gift. Others would go quite far for immortality," the hybrid said, eying the woman with a hint of jealousy in her yellowed eye. Oh, to evade Death forever.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread