there was only fire.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_rain.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; text-align:justify;"> Raaaaawr! <3 Congrats with Vigi, btw. Big Grin

The hybrid woman had been alive a long time, and she had seen much in her lifetime. When she was young, it was more common for the canines to remain in their lupus forms, four-legged. Sshe had never seen her father shift, though vaguely, she recalled her mother's two-legged shape. Kae had been far too young to recognize it, and nothing had reinforced her foggy childhood memories until she had come to this land at nearly two years old, unaware she possessed the ability to shift. Zulifer had showed her different, though—they ran into each other almost accidentally, engaging in a brief tryst that began with teaching Kaena how to shift and culminated in sex, as many random encounters in the hybrid's life. But it was the realization that she was indeed a Luperci (and the knowledge of what that was, exactly) she had owed to Zulifer, and that made him stick in her head.

The world had changed greatly in the time Kaena had been alive; now she heard tales of canines from around the world, a different, civilized part of it. She could not help but wonder at this; Ahren had brought her knowledge of the other side of the world, the last time she saw him. That was too many years ago, though it pained her still to think about it. She had been just late to see him again this second time. Just fucking missed him. Maybe she could've saved him, maybe she could have saved Andrezej. She never should have left them.

At Lolita's words, the hybrid smiled, though it was somewhat wistful. It was not without great pain and struggle that she had gained her life experience, as was quite evident by simply looking at her face. "I don't know. Years, I guess," the hybrid surmised, wondering if that was even the right answer. "You've got time on this earth still, time to learn and grow confidence," the coyote said, her golden eye wandering to the ground, twirling the long fur of her thigh absently. "My family proved to me many times over that the bonds we forge in blood are strong."

Though their discussions ran deep and touched on places in Kaena's head that were not particularly pleasant, she was enjoying this interaction on the whole, and it showed in her relaxed posture and the curious way she regarded the creamy-furred woman. The hybrid was not used to seeing herself reflected in another in so many ways, and it was at once a frightening and enlightening experience.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread