turning us into monsters.
[html]
I HOPE THIS IS OKAY. I think we talked about a thread and I am on a freaking roll tonight (I think this is number eight!?) and I don't want to stop writing for Kaeface. ;____; IF PERCHANCE you are too busy my dear, you should edit the thread title with your superpowers to make it a regular AW thread and I will not be offended. XD But if you can make it, grand! Big Grin Forest of Nod.

It was raining again. Kaena's ear flicked as she listened to its pounding outside, the constant drumming of the drops against the already sodden ground. It had rained for most of the day, and the silvery canine was attempting in vain to fall asleep, but the cacophony from the outside world was making that impossible. Sometimes she found the sound of rain soothing, and other times it annoyed her beyond belief. Tonight was one of those latter times, and the silvery canine found herself rising, a snarl half-forming on her face as she stalked to the entrance of her cave, squatting down to stare glumly into the blank darkness.

A sable ear twisted to listen to her lover's breathing behind her, again contemplating the mess she'd gotten herself into here. She loved the red wolf deeply, no doubt about that, but she had clearly been unfaithful. While Fatin was being tortured and burned, Kaena had probably been screwing Jacquez in that damp cave. The thought made the Optime woman shudder, and step out into the rain rather unceremoniously, wishing it would cleanse her. Kaena did not have to wonder why she was troubled; she felt as though she had failed her russet woman in not being there to pull her back from danger's edge in the nick of time.

Sighing as the cool water fell over her, the hybrid woman wished it would wash away the stormy thoughts parading her head, adding to the insomnia already provoked by the drumming rain. No such luck; now she was just wet and miserable. Snorting at herself, the silver canine meandered forward through the caves, figuring on ringing the borders. Why the hell anyone would be out in a rainstorm like this, Kaena Lykoi had absolutely no idea—but it was always a possibility. Stranger things had happened.

The canine loped across the plains, water and mud splashing up onto her belly and across her legs as she went. She made a note of this and hoped it would not flood here again. It had not been fun last time, though the Centurion was able to survive by fishing the coast, some of her other clanmates were not so good at that type of hunt, and it was difficult to provide enough flesh from the water to sustain an entire clain. The coyote mulled over this as she entered the forest, deciding to follow a creek to see how badly it was swelling. Angry water roiled in the normally serene, tiny creek, and the hybrid woman peered over the bank to ascertain just how close to spillover the water was.

It was alright; if it stopped raining in the next day they would escape another flood, she thought. If it did not cease to rain—as it had some weeks ago—they were screwed either way. Such was life in the lowlands, though that thought didn't help any, and the hybrid woman could not supress a growl of annoyance at the elements, shaking her head as she meandered away from the creek, contemplating the health of the clan at this new development as she cut through the woods, heading for the borderland. If it were not for the rain, the hybrid woman knew she would have smelled death, the wolf trespasser the coyotes had recently felled, but at the moment, she could only smell water.

Thanks to Akumu for the table!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread