turning us into monsters.
345. Was reading Edmund Burke before I wrote this. :> And apparently Hybrid has, too!

[html]
http://i42.tinypic.com/2dif428.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 500px; background-color: #000;">
For a split second, Hybrid could have sworn he saw Kaena give something of a pensive sigh. Her features were all crumpled up, as if she could not decide if she should draw her brows together in concern or frown in annoyance. It almost seemed as though she was giving Hybrid's comment a lot of consideration. It was either that or she was simply thinking. But the moment was gone and Hybrid had no reason to consider it any longer. Just as soon as Hybrid had noticed the quick expression, Kaena was addressing him again.

Hybrid flicked his ear to one side, taking a few moments to contemplate the woman's question. He considered remaining silent; then she would be left standing in the rain, and the only thing that would separate them would be the rain. As Hybrid considered this possibility, the silence stretched on, save for the quiet pattering of the rain. In reality, it was much greater -- and Hybrid was in fact underestimating the power of the natural forces of nature -- but it was more of a distraction for the male coyote than anything else. Or was Kaena the distraction? Hybrid glanced up at the female, studying her battle-wrought features. Her muzzle was adorned with the carefully-cut marks of her enemies, serving just as much as a reminder to Kaena as those around her. Her single golden eye peered out beyond a history of carnage, revealing emotions Hybrid could never hope to understand. So delicately marred were her features that she now carried herself with an elegance befitting to her line. A mixed line of hybrids and mutts, defined by murder and gluttony. Hybrid could not find his answer in her features, nor would he find it in anyone's appearance. However, she did somehow convey the essence of what he was thinking.

"Perhaps for the aesthetics of it. What is power without authority?" he queried. "Or making up for past transgressions. I can't decide," he mused. This was perhaps the most he had spoken in the past three months. He grinned.

IMAGE CREDIT
[/html]

Messages In This Thread