turning us into monsters.
325. Aww, that's too bad! Sad I love history -- I'd be very sad if I only got to take Canadian history over and over again. But I did get to take American History in high school! It was fun! I still have an ongoing feud with a friend over whether Theodore Roosevelt or Woodrow Wilson is better. We decided they turned into mecca robots and had babies, named Theodore Wilson and Woodrow Roosevelt and lived happily ever after.

[html]
http://i42.tinypic.com/2dif428.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 500px; background-color: #000;">
Hybrid let out a quick, barking laugh at the Centurion's words. Entitled to only moments of madness? Surely she meant to say they were entitled to long, arduous stretches of madness that bled into one another, seething and careening as they washed over you and swallowed you whole. Surely, that was what she meant, for that was exactly what Hybrid experienced. Of course, madness was not so much external, as Kaena implied, but internal, as Hybrid experienced it. His madness was hardly even a madness; for, one would had to be mad to experience madness. And Hybrid was not mad. Perhaps Kaena suspected he was -- or perhaps Kaena herself was -- but Hybrid was perfectly sane.

He regarded the ancient matriarch with a perusing glance, curious to know how much of this momentary madness she had experienced. He wondered if she truly believed what she preached. Did she really think if one was mad they could be entitled to a moment of it? Vitium had allowed himself a moment of madness, and now he was an exile, loathed by all clanmates (and rightfully so). His moment of madness had been his downfall; he could never put it behind him. Likewise, Hybrid wondered if Kaena had any "moments of madness" she wished to be forgiven for. His grin widened; perhaps she did. Or, perhaps she was just lying to make herself feel better. Hybrid hardly knew the woman; thus, he felt no guilt for wondering if she lied. How honest was Kaena Lykoi?

"Do you really believe that? That we can be allowed our faults if it is only fleeting?" He glanced away, pausing momentarily. Could she even justly or legitimately forgive someone who, a) had their moment of madness, and b) claimed it was over and done with? If Hybrid had a moment of fleeting weakness and ripped off Kaena's leg, could she forgive him? Would he want to be forgiven? Would it matter?

IMAGE CREDIT
[/html]

Messages In This Thread