turning us into monsters.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_bloody.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
LMFAO. XD At least they got a happy ending. XD Learnings is fun. Big Grin I love school and learning and expanding my braiiiinz, but I can't stand math because I am beyond terrible at it. >_> I've always been the best at English. D: I should just suck it up and become an English major, durf. /textwall

Put to the test, a lot of what Kaena thought and believed about the world fell flat. She hated wolves, yet she slept with them, had their children, and was even partially wolf herself, though she had seemed to square that away long ago—identifying as coyote was as good as being a coyote. It was just the same as tearing out the wolf half and setting it aside, except, that didn't make wolf instincts fade. That didn't make it any easier to reconcile the instinct that screamed for her to lift her head and tail up high when she was around lower-ranked coyote, perhaps why she fought against those instincts, or tried her best simply to ignore them, in most situations.

The idea that family was of the utmost importance also fell flat, considering her actions (which spoke far louder than words). She'd walked away from her own children: see also, Kerberos and Maeryn, abandoned at the Jaded Shadows border in the hopes that they would find a better life. Kerberos was lucky enough to survive; Maeryn followed her mother and fell prey to just such a moment of madness that Kaena certainly could have found unforgivable, had it been another mother slaying her daughter. There was also Andrezej, Arkham, and Rachias—and Andre might still be breathing if she had been around to save him. She had cast out Vitium because his actions against the clan (and the family) had been beyond forgiveness. If familial love saved all, then shouldn't be have been forgiven, too?

His words had given her obvious pause, and now she responded, speaking as she rose from deep thought. "Did you kill Gabriel? Cripple him? Scar his mind?" she inquired in turn, knowing the answer to these questions already. "Depends how destructive your faults are," the hybrid said, shrugging. It was all a matter of consequence to her; Vitium had cost them the life of a trespasser and betrayed his roots (meaning he would do it again). Kerberos had lived, which made abandoning him forgivable. Maeryn had died, and killing her was unforgivable. Rachias and Arkham would never love her as a child should love their mother, and though that was despicable, their fate was better than the grave, and thus an offense for which she ought to be forgiven.

thanks to james for the header image
[/html]

Messages In This Thread