turning us into monsters.
465. Hybrid = IDKIDKIDK. :| (Also! I want to get the Inferni monthly points thing! Maybe they could bond and go hunting for some food and then see a wolf hunting nearby, kill the wolf and the prey and skin both? 8D )

[html]
http://i42.tinypic.com/2dif428.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 500px; background-color: #000;">
Something was not right. Hybrid could feel the conversation shift ever so subtly as Kaena spoke; he instantly regretted his words. Why had he divulged such a part of his history to her? Perhaps he had wanted to reveal something about himself to connect with her. Perhaps he was looking for acceptance, or better yet, punishment. Perhaps he still felt guilty for the incident. He didn't even know anymore. Kaena's replies only brought about more question, and her inquisitive golden eye stared him down as he listened. Her features, lavished with scars and adorned with marks of battle, victory, and defeat, mocked him. Like Kaena, he bore such wounds, but there were some that still shamed him. There were large gashes on his throat, healed skid marks on his shoulder, and a healed dislocated shoulder all from Gabriel. But somehow, the injuries were not enough. Hybrid needed to pay reparations somehow. He had tried his confession. He had been wrong.

But again, Kaena questioned him, and again, he had no answers. He flattened his ears, recoiling slightly. Never would he harm Gabriel. But that was exactly what he had done. He was useless.

"I am not a traitor," Hybrid replied venomously. "I--" he began, but stopped suddenly. I would never betray Inferni, he wanted to say, but he knew Kaena would misinterpret that. He had not betrayed Inferni on that day. It had been something else. Something lesser. He had needed Gabriel to show him what he meant as a leader. As a superior. And he had received it. Gabriel had done exactly what Hybrid had needed. And he had understood. But for some reason, Hybrid could not effectively convey this to Kaena. Yes, what he had done was wrong, but it had not been a traitorous act. It had not even been a test. It had been a confirmation. It was how Hybrid was reminded why Gabriel was the leader and why he served him. It had not been Hybrid testing out Gabriel's strength or trying to assert a false sense of superiority. It had been anger, pure and raw.

"You created him -- why don't you understand him?" he asked at last. She had created him, yes, but she had not shaped him. Hybrid, on the other hand, had witnessed much of the shaping of Gabriel. Perhaps that was why he identified so closely with the other male. Although Hybrid could not attempt to understand Gabriel, he knew there was something about the other hybrid that made him who he was. Hybrid respected that in some twisted form. Maybe he just chose to show his respect in a different way.

Maybe he wanted to ask, Your clan created me -- why don't you understand me? But maybe that was asking too much.

IMAGE CREDIT
[/html]

Messages In This Thread