turning us into monsters.
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... table1.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">     Homg, yes! They should bring back wolfy's head and put it on a stick (ala Lord of the Flies XD) and let it rot into a new skully decoration... FOR MOAR POINTS. XD!

Kaena had faith in very little. She had never been instilled with religion; the furthest her father had attempted to go with that were the brief explanations and stories of the old worlds, Roman mythology and a little Greek as well. She knew the stories of Icarus and the dangers of flying too close to the sun, but nothing of any god. It had never been a part of her, though she thought about the afterlife quite a bit, and she definitely believed in devils—sometimes it seemed like fate had a hand in all of their dealings, but more often it seemed they were adrift in a sea of chaotic randomness, nothing particularly sensible or right about it. One of the few things she did trust blindly, however, was her eldest child—Gabriel had never shown himself to be weak to Kaena, excepting his youth. She saw in him all the things she had not been as a leader, all of the qualities which perhaps had lead to her own failure.

Hybrid's words elicited a smile from the hybrid woman, and she nodded her head quite vigorously for a moment, agreeing wholeheartedly with him. "No, definitely not." That was the point—Hybrid's one small act of kind-of, sort-of betrayal had not been enough to give Gabriel cause to throw him out on his ass. At the man's question, she could only helplessly shrug a shoulder—she understood Gabriel no better than Kerberos or Conway or Rachias and Arkham, or any of her other children with whom she had no deep relationship—despite living with Gabriel longer than any of her other children. It was one of the strange and sad facts of life, Kaena supposed, and it brought a grimace to her face, her coal-dipped shoulders shrugging in response. "I don't know, but I wish I understood him better." Her answer was almost flat, deflated—the coyote woman did not like to think back on her rocky relationship with her son. It was certainly not the worst; the hybrid woman knew she had done wrong by Kerberos, and she would never recover that particular relationship. She looked at the Hydra, shrugging her shoulder.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread