rambling years of lousy luck.
[html]

WC: 400+
No problem. I cannot say no to pirates, it goes against every creed I have and possibly my genetic makeup. XD

Finn looked up, surprised to see another wolf here. His long hair was slowly dripping too, and Finn’s quick mind seized on that. ”How can you stand that?” She asked, eyes wide with amazement. He seemed to have entered the grotto in the same underwater manner as Finn, but considering he didn’t have any cut feet or sand in his fur he must have done it a lot more gracefully. Finn got to her feet, swaying slightly to catch her balance. That might have been her problem; missing toes meant less of a surface to tread the water with. She shook her head to dislodging the water from her ears and blinked at the wolf as he introduced himself.

”Finn. My name is Finn Fidh.” She said, still a bit muddled. Finn glanced over at the grotto entrance again, then back to Rurik. ”Seriously, the water is freezing!” She could feel the chill settling into her already thin coat, and shivered a little. The cave itself was warmer than outside, sheltered from any errant winds. Finn settled back onto her hind haunches, putting very little weight on the cut foot. It wasn’t a deep scratch, but it was starting to sting because of the salt.

Putting those troubles aside with a decisive sigh, Finn looked around the cave with curiosity, before returning to Rurik. As if attracted by a magnet, her eyes were drawn to the tattoo on his shoulder. It was a skull, but not a skull she was familiar with. It was too short and round to be a wolf’s and the back of the head too large. Finn leaned closer, inspecting the mark and forgetting to be polite and mindful of personal boundaries.

”That is… I’ve never seen something like that before. What is it? ” Said Finn, looking up at the wolf. ”I’m all right, by the way.” She added offhandedly, remembering his first question. He had another tattoo on his other arm, and a band of what appeared to be gold in his ear. Finn also scrutinized these with interest, before looking down to the bottle and sword attached to Rurik’s belt. It had to be a sword, she recognized it instantly from her father’s descriptions, despite never having seen one herself.

Catching herself, Finn straightened, shrugging her shoulders embarrassedly. ”That was terrible manners right there, I’m really sorry. I just… I forget sometimes.” The scarred wolf brightened, offering Rurik a bright smile in return. ”Pleasure to meet you, Rurik.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread