rambling years of lousy luck.
[html]

WC: 400+
OMG! OMG! That would be awesome! I never really liked Natalie Portman Kiera Knightley (whoops) anyways. A movie with just Jack would be so friggin awesome! And if Barbossa made an appearance (which I think he would) it would be even more awesomer!

“Bad fish. Really big, bad fish.” Finn chuckled. This Rurik was growing quite quickly on her. He was quite nice, not at all standoffish, and when Finn met someone who was nicely mannered and pleasant, she reciprocated in kind. He was interesting to look at too. He had a strange mane, with what looked sort of like braids, and a piece of metal through his ear and eyebrow Finn had never even thought it possible to have a chunk of metal purposely put in your ear, but it seemed to be a style among many Luperci.

Her eyes drifted back to the sword, which shined in the half light. Finn thought it interesting, and quite pretty. It was hard to believe that something so well crafted could be used to kill. It was a point of contention for herself. On the one hand, she liked the shine and look of them, on the other hand, she did not like that she had absolutely no defense against it. She could not parry with her teeth or claws, and it lengthened the wielders reach far beyond her own. Finn felt a little trill of fear, despite knowing with strong certainty that Rurik would not use it against her unless she gave him a damn good reason to.

”Aye, aye.” Finn replied, imitating his pseudo sternness with what she thought was a serious and dour nod of her own. She couldn’t hold it though and felt another laugh well up inside her. She looked back down to the foot, listening to Rurik’s words anyways. It was the bleeding was sluggish now, soon enough it would be just a thin, pink mark to remind her of how bad she was at swimming. All of her scars were lessons, her missing ear the most vivid of them all. Never trust your family.

As Rurik rattled off the list of languages he knew, Finn’s eyebrows rose higher and higher. ”Impressive.” She managed to say, ”How does all that learning not leak out yer ears?” Finn had a good memory, to be sure, but not that good. She hadn’t even learned one word of the low speech of deer, despite running with one for months. Her tongue just wasn’t meant for anything but English. Then again, she’d never had anyone try to teach her Russian, or German or Romanian. She didn’t even know where those places were!

”In a manner of speaking, yes. I’ve traveled for a while, but I get the feeling it’s all one country. I came from the west, from the other ocean. Took me a while to get here.” The country had rolled on for miles, slowly changing the farther east Finn got. The prairies had been the worst. It was incredibly boring to see where you were going for miles upon miles. Finn looked up at Rurik again, venturing her next question with the slightest caution. ”So, how did you come to be a Luperci?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread