rambling years of lousy luck.
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_sinking.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:232px; padding-left:12px; padding-right:12px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Dude, that is exactly what I was thinking when I was writing that post, but I couldn't for the life of me finagle it into my writing without looking positively ridiculous. XD And D'AWW. D: Finn is very cute. <3

The silver canine laughed, his rumbly and infectious laughter ringing through the cave. It was rather serene down here, with the constant low sound of the salt water slapping against the rocks. Rurik figured he could live down here; he felt quite at home amongst the pirate relics, too good to be close to shore. With more time, he might have run to the tropics, to South America, Africa—anywhere with a long, pretty coastline that never grew less vibrant and beautiful. "It's pretty down here, but we need open air," the wolf said.

But he'd given himself responsibility, inadvertantly both times—and for that, he was almost kind of sorry. It was as if irons had been clamped around his feet, tethering him to certain parts of the world. Maybe it was simply a part of getting older. Rurik had felt for some time that he'd squandered his youth; he could have roamed far and wide, instead he'd come to the northern coasts of this continent and gotten his mate pregnant—accidentally—accused her of sleeping with a coyote, and basically royally screwed himself for no reason. He hadn't seen Kiska in several years, nor any of his older sons. Certainly they were his—Zaets was his spitting image, after all, and not one of them carried even a tiny hint of coyote.

The wolf cocked his head, his cadmium gaze returning to the woman as she continued to speak. "Hm. Maybe sometimes we just end up in the wrong place," he said, shrugging his shoulders. He was built for his climate, but some of his other siblings had not fared nearly as well as he did in the cold. Zharkj severely disliked the prospect of being cold, and her body was too petite and frail, obviously a build better suited to warmer weather. Perhaps that was why she had moved to Egypt. "I enjoy the changing of the seasons too much for any one temperature all the time," he said, at once dismissing the desert and the tundra. One never cooled, the other never melted.

The silver werewolf was quite aware he was prodding at awkward territory, but he was not a particularly shameful individual, and her mention of sex put a rather coy grin to his coal lips. He blinked at her in a way that feigned innocence, noticing her discomfort with the subjects. "Sure thing, love. Ever want help, you know where to howl," he said with a grin, though after a moment of seriousness he could not help but laugh, though it was not a malicious one. Rurik was the wrong canine to pursue for any kind of commitment, but he made an excellent plaything, and if making Finn into a Luperci could be something as fun as sex, well—he was always down for that.

As the iron-colored wolf searched for a subject to overcome her momentary awkwardness, the Russian cocked his head, studying her with an appreciative look in his eye. She was not terribly pretty, not with all of those scars, but there was something else there, some beautiful sort of savagery in her marred face. She might have been pretty once, and Rurik still thought her eyes and her coloration were rather striking. The Russian hardly had any scruples to begin with, and he thought it was rather erotic, shifting down to four legs and mating like his ancient ancestors did. He'd never done that before, for all his prowess and experience, because it simply had not occurred to him to do so.

The ash-colored male reached for his flask, unscrewing the cap and thrusting it out for Finn to smell. "Rum," he explained, tilting the flask back to take a swig of the harsh, fiery liquor. He looked to the midnight-colored wolf, cocking his head to the side and smiling. "Would you like some?" he offered, always polite and always willing to share. He would have to help her with the mechanism since she had no hands, of course, but he didn't think she'd mind, and he certainly didn't.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread