rambling years of lousy luck.
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_sinking.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:232px; padding-left:12px; padding-right:12px; padding-bottom:10px;">
No, it seriously does not. XD Homg, thank you!! I did, and I will totally make one for Finn, if you would provide me with a color scheme and lyrics you'd like me to use, and any particular theme/mood you want. ^^ If you want!

It was sort-of in Rurik's blood to be a sea-faring canine. His father, Vik, had fished the White Sea for most of his life, and most of his sons had taken to that very same livelihood. Many of them still resided in their birthplace, still quite close with Taheau, Rurik's mother, and Vik. Arkangel'sk had been an important port town in the times of the humans, and when the canines came to replace them it was no different. Though none of the Russo tribe had sailed further than the White Sea, Rurik found it was not enough, and he desired to see the entire world more than anything else. Perhaps it was also his distaste for his father's livelihood and the taste of fish that had helped to drive him away, as well.

The Russian smiled and he nodded, in vehement agreement with the comment about the fall leaves. There was something too pretty about them here, though he was intimately familiar with Russian autumns. He still remembered the last blustery fall when he'd landed on the northern coast, on the old and burned-out beach. "I am so glad I landed in time to see it," the wolf added, reminiscing with a newly sentimental quality. The rum made quick work of Rurik these days, though he'd been drinking most of his life. He enjoyed his lowered tolerance, however, as it meant he drank far less and got just as drunk as he used to.

Rurik again observed the discomfort in Finn, and he smiled a genuine, and serious smile, the mischief fading from his eyes. "What's a little fun between friends?" he said with a shrug, more of a rhetorical question than anything, and a good statement to make—hopefully it would ease her tension and let her know he liked her, and he considered her friend, at the bare minimum. For Rurik, it was rather easy to move to a physical level from there, and most of his various interests and girlfriends—and even his only true mate, Kiska—had been friends before lovers. Some shied at the idea of moving to a deeper level and risking the friendship, while the Russian merely saw it as the strengthening of bonds.

The wolf grinned at her statement, shrugging his ashen shoulders. "Well, they don't calls it firewater for nothin'," he said, scooting closer as she asked how she would drink it. The silvery canine considered. It would only take a quick sip and a second, as it wasn't good for her to go chugging rum on her first drinking experience. "C'mere," he said, motioning with his free hand. "I'll pour a sip into the top, and you can drink it from there," he said, doing just that with his ornately decorated flask. The cap hardly held enough for half a shot, but it would be enough for Finn, and if she wanted more he could always give her more. He set the flask down and held the little cap up to her lips, waiting for her to open her mouth so he could pour it in. "Ready?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread