rambling years of lousy luck.
[html]

WC: 500+
Having gotten pissed drunk last weekend, I am proud and simultaneously ashamed to say that I can accurately write about what it’s like to be intoxicated. Finn’s balance would suck even more than it usually does, missing toes + alcohol would be funny to watch. Also, should we add the mature header? I'm good with the explicit or "fade to black" version. XD

”Yes.” Obediently, eyes nearly crossed as she tried to look at the cup, Finn lapped down the drink in one quick motion. For a moment, it was fine, and she grinned a little, feeling sheepish. Then the burning started. It worked it’s way down her throat like she’d swallowed flaming gasoline, ending in her stomach like the explosion of an atomic bomb. Finn gasped and coughed, eyes tearing up as the heat spread, flashing through her veins and spreading out to her limbs. The cool she had been feeling since her little swim was banished, disappearing like shadows before the sun.

”That is…” Finn said, grimacing a little, ”That is… really good!” She snorted in disbelief, but now that the original scalding feeling had passed the rum settled in her stomach with a pleasant weight. She let out a breath, surprised at how much less awkward she felt. Her body was warm, the aftertaste was quite pleasant once you got used to it, and Finn was looking at Rurik in a different light. A happy smile crossed her face, and she tilted her head, looking her companion over again with a much more contemplative eye.

”Aye, nothing wrong with a little fun.” She moved a little closer, thankful that Rurik had crouched down. Now they could see eye to eye, and Finn’s danced merrily, her smile growing wider and more mischievous. She could hardly think of a better place for some “fun” than this, though she could hardly think at all. Having never had alcohol before, Finn could not have been more drunk. Her thoughts moved like sluggish, little clouds, bumping and scudding through her head as if moved by a leisurely summer breeze. She swayed a little, chuckled at her lack of balance, and looked to Rurik once more.

”I hope you don’t mind, but I think I’ll take up your offer while you’re here. Much easier than trying to track you down.” She leaned even closer, meeting his gaze boldly. Everything that had passed through her head before was gone, all the worries and fears. She was all right, she was okay. Finn was starting to take a real liking to that rum stuff. After this was over, she’d have to track down someone who could make more. But, she’d needs hands to drink it.

Her eyes traveled across Rurik’s face, from his pale eyes to his dreadlocked hair to the golden earring that gleamed in the half-light. She really liked Rurik. He was good company, a friend. There was nothing wrong with what she was doing, none at all. The idea that there was no going back after this, after becoming a Luperci was edging into her mind, but she shook her head to ward it off. ”I hope I can trouble you for another sip of that?” She asked, trying to speak with a polite, Scottish brogue and slurring her words horribly. More alcohol would take care of those fears, send them scuttling away to the back of her mind for now. That was all she needed right now, peace of mind and Rurik.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread