rambling years of lousy luck.
[html]

WC: 700+
Agreed, there’s a right way to do it and a wrong way. I did it the wrong way, and I really don’t want to repeat it. At least I didn't get a hangover, because when I was really really drunk my friends started serving me water and pretending it was a really cool shot that just tasted like water... I’m good with the fade to black thing, but I’ll let you do it cause I’m not sure how to do it. XD And no worries about the powerplay.

She leaned in to the touch, feeling his slim fingers run over her fur and her scars. It was nice, she had spent so many years fighting that the only touch she knew was that of violence. Teeth and claws rending at her skin. This was something different, gentler and comforting. So much could be conveyed through a light hand and she found herself laughing inwardly at her own stupidity. She’d never known how nice it was to be touched like this. Sure, Brom had nuzzled her in brotherly affection, and Aegnus had sometimes pulled his punches so they were only soft taps, but this was something new.

Her ear flickered as Rurik stated he would shift, with such a determined and no nonsense voice. She had met a few Luperci lately and she was beginning to understand that some did not like to change. Some took their two legged forms and never shifted back. She didn’t know how Rurik felt, but Finn intended to communicate her gratefulness towards his generosity soon enough. She watched with interest as he removed his clothing, and listened to the echoes in the cave as the metal of the belt buckle clattered on the rocks. Rurik looked much more natural now, in just his fur.

She had never seen a Luperci shift. It looked complicated, all those joints and bones shifting and sliding. She half expected Rurik to make some murmur of pain, it didn’t look natural, looked like it would hurt. But, against all her beliefs he looked up at Finn and smiled, and she felt her heart give a little leap. Her body was hot, on fire, and she padded forward, touching her nose to his. He smelled good, it was like all the foreign lands he had been to had left their smells in his coat.

She caught a hint of spices, of icy winter wind, of salty ocean. Finn breathed in again, running her muzzle along his neck. He was warm too she could feel it radiating off him and she moved a little closer. The blood was buzzing in her ears like bees and Finn couldn’t make herself care about the state of the world if she tried her hardest. There was just this cave and Rurik. ”You know, I wanted to do this the moment I saw you.” Finn murmured in his ear.

It was true, she just tended to hide all that stuff away. Any thought that passed beyond the realm of friendship was usually kidnapped, gagged and locked in a box so it couldn’t get out. She had believed Rurik was beyond her grasp, out of her league, with his worldly ways and handsome smile. But here he was, so close to her that she could hear his heartbeat. It was nearly unbelievable, but stranger things have happened. Finn had been missing something, tripping through the world and unable to share her feelings. It was nice to get it all out, a release of sorts.

Finn looked over Rurik again. It was much easier now to tell that he was good-looking. She could admire his muscles and colouring in a much more familiar form. She found herself wondering what it would be like to mate in Luperci form, with hands to run across his pelt and entirely different body shapes. Maybe next time, once she had contracted the virus and learned to shift. Maybe, after parting with Rurik she’d come across him one day and surprise him with her new form.

The gray wolf stilled for a moment as a new thought made its way out of the throng. She drew back a little, sitting on the very edge of the rock, trying not to look foolish. ”Rurik, I… I don’t know what to do.” She admitted, looking away with embarrassment. If she were human, her skin would have gone beet red. She had never had sex before, and the thought made her blush even harder. Others had scores of children by the time they were three, and she hadn’t even been with someone. She really hoped Rurik wouldn’t laugh, and hoped even more that he wouldn’t spurn her.

Her father had never explained the birds and the bees, neither had her brothers and Finn was partially glad for that as it would have been extremely awkward. But she was lost here, adrift without an oar on a entirely new ocean she had never even sailed upon. She looked at Rurik again, nerves returning in full force. She really didn’t want to screw this up, but her plans often seemed to fail and things she coveted slipped from her grasp. Finn really wanted this time to be different.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread