rambling years of lousy luck.
[html]

WC: 800+
All hail Finn, Queen of Awkward Moments. I believe I have set it up for their next meeting to be sufficiently awkwarder. I think this might be my last post, but if you need me to do another I am totally fine with that. I absolutely love rping with you! And yes, Finn is the nearly-40-year-old-virgin... >.>

Oh, that smile. If Finn had any qualms before, they were shed after seeing that smile. Her stomach flip-flopped as if she had stumbled in the dark, or tread wrong on crumbling rock. His words when she told him that she was a virgin nearly made her heart melt. She’d heard plenty of stories before, about what love was or how it felt, but love had never been a truly real thing for Finn. She had liked some of her family, but never loved them. She had liked other wolves, but never loved them. It was a mythical emotion, entrenched in stories and tales, out of reach for normal, everyday wolves. What she felt right now, she sure, but it had to be the closest she’d ever been to loving someone. The noises that came from Rurik’s throat made her pulse beat faster, and by the time she turned and felt his weight on her back, she wanted him, body and soul.

*** SEXY TIEMS! Big Grin ***

It was done. Finished. Finn lay beside Rurik on the rocky surface of the grotto, amongst the glittering gold and long lost human treasures. Her chest rose and fell, slowing each time. She stayed there a moment, a content smile on her lips, pressed close to her lover. She had never known what she had been missing, and she felt a warm, happy glow inside. It had been quite amazing. But now, as the post-coital bliss began to fade, reality was edging it’s way in through the door. She had slept with someone, someone she had just met this morning. She’d gotten drunk and slept with someone and now, now she had probably had contracted the virus.

”What was I thinking?” She whispered, so quietly that only herself could hear. Her eyes snapped open, darting around the cave, across Rurik’s face. She shouldn’t have done it. She shouldn’t even have taken a sip of that wonderful, courage bestowing, inhibition removing alcohol. She sat up, looking about with anguish. She done wrong, and it was as if her father was here in the cave, his rasping voice echoing in the corners, filling Finn’s ears. She looked down at Rurik again, feeling horrified and dreadful simultaneously.

”I’m sorry.” She said, backing away till the cave wall hit her rump. She started, flattening her single ear and trying her very best not to listen as Cuhlain find raved and ranted, just like he used to. He shouldn’t be here, couldn’t be here. He knew, though. Somehow he knew that the daughter he’d raised as a son had gone and done bad. He’d have Aegnus give her a thrashing. But that was only if Aegnus could catch her. Finn darted forward, briefly pressing her nose to Rurik’s neck, taking in his wonderful scent for the last time.

”I’m so sorry.” She whispered in his ear, before dashing away to the where the stone fell into a miniature cliff edge, and the water licked and lapped at her toes. It would be cold, it would be frightening. But Aegnus and Cuhlain were worse than drowning. She threw herself off the ledge, legs already pin-wheeling before she hit the surface. There was an almighty splash, the shock of cold, salty water, and then Finn was swimming, thrashing through the water and out the cave opening. It was still day when she climbed up the beach, sodden, ragged and wild-eyed.

She looked up, following the cliff edge to where Alastair waited for her, his red-brown figure crowned by that familiar branch of antlers. She struck out in that direction, gaining speed as she went. The alcohol was still in her body, but the sex and the cold water had removed most of the side effects, and as she ran her body felt faster and more coordinated. Her mind, however was worsening. She’d committed the crime her father had always told her not to do. “Lie, cheat, kill or steal, do whatever you must to survive,” He said, “But never, never become one of them.”

A howl rolled over the cliff, dashing itself on the rocks below. It sounded enough like her elder brother to lend even more strength to her strides, and fuel the fear that pumped through her veins like poison. She reached the top of the cliff and looked down to where the cave had been. Any moment now Rurik would come out, hurt and confused, maybe even angry. Finn felt a sob well up in her chest, but she tamped it down, choking out another ”I’m sorry.”

She wasn't quite sure who she was apologizing to, Rurik or her father. Finn turned away, fleeing into the rolling hills, Alastair at her side. Not for the first time in her life, Finn ran. But this was the first time she had truly felt ashamed. She hoped she never saw Rurik again, for if they met and he was angry with, she might forget that handsome, heart-catching smile of his. And that was something Finn never wanted to forget.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread