contaminating everything [p]
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_tropic.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:25px;">
    Oh, the world at large. Rurik had seen many places in its expanse, but some were a lot more memorable than others for him. A slow, lazy smile spread across the monochrome canine's face, and he leaned his head back, gazing to the expanse of stars over their head, visible once more only since the city had gone dark. When the humans were alive, their lights had burned the skies so brightly the stars were swallowed by the light, disappearing into a murky, pale-blue sky. Now, they twinkled brightly once more, shining their pale, watery silver light down through the vast expanses of space.

He took in another drag of his cigarette, exhaling the smoke in a silvery cloud that swirled up and away from them in the gentle breeze; Rurik rather enjoyed watching smoke in heavy, humid air that did not stir, but it was just as good to watch it be whisked away. "Well, where I am from, it is called Sobirat'sya—we live by the Beloye More, the white sea. Mine brothers and I, we sail to the Solovetsky Islands, the Solovetsky monastery in the middle of it, built in the the 15th century," he said, remembering roaming the ancient walls of the place with his brothers. Schast had been the one to show them that place first, and now he was buried there. The canines of Sobirat'sya controlled the islands, as the humans who had lived in Arkhangel'sk had before them.

The cigarette in his hand was just about gone, so he tapped it once more, and sent the burning thing sailing into the night, a shooting star of a cherry arcing into the overgrown street below them. "Budapest, Hungary," he said with a grin, shooting an ice-colored gaze toward the young woman. "The market sprawls for as far as your eyes can see, all hustle and whirlwind noise—smells you couldn't imagine," he said, drooling as he imagined the gulyás cooking in the giant, stainless steel pots over the huge open flame. There was nothing like it in the world. "Tell you what, chica. I am not staying forever. Someday I will head home again, and if you're game, I will show you the world," the Russian said, speaking from the heart. He was sure that would lead to fun adventures between them and in the world, and he was always, always game for that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread