At dawn's first breath you go
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... athe-2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Were you guys assuming he was in the den with them? I didn't know if there was room for all them in there :o

It was truly unusual for Honor to be awake so early and out of the den, that was partially the reason he chose to leave so early. It made the man feel guilty for leaving when they asked him to stay and when they were asleep and safe with their mother he could avoid such feeling for the most part. Of course he never really enjoyed leaving his family for any amount of time but it was a necessary evil that must be endured to the keep them safe. Though he had a feeling his wanderings would become fewer when the twins were older and moving about more. That was when the real danger to them would come. If they were alone and unaccompanied it would be the perfect opportunity for the brute to take them. Onus was already planning ahead and knew he would carefully watch the children from the trees when the wandered without their mother inside Dahlian lands.

The man was relieved to hear report from his son that nothing was wrong and now he had a better idea of what this was about. They were smart little things and Honor must be trying to keep him from leaving or some other such thing. "Yes. It is early." He couldn't think of what else to say. Thankfully his children were easier for him to deal with than most, but there were still times he felt lost and awkward with them. Especially when it came to things he did that made them unhappy, like his leaving. Thankfully the lump in his coat provided him with a good distraction and time to think about how he would handle this situation now that his son had taken him by surprise.

It was clear that Chastity had been deep in sleep and he couldn't help but think of her curled up in his coat pocket as, what was that word? Cute? Yes, it was cute. "I guess you did," he answered with some humor in his voice, but the thought that she had snuck out of the den without any of them knowing was a little frightening. He was proud that she had been so stealthy, such a skill would be very beneficial to her in the future, but he did not think he wanted her to be so stealthy with them. Thankfully she had not gone far from the den and had been hidden in his coat, but what if she had gone farther? What if that bastard had found her? Inwardly the father grimaced at the thought. "I am proud of you but you should not leave the den without our knowledge." The "our" referred to both himself and their mother. "Are we where?" She thought they had gone somewhere? His gaze turned to Honor who was doing his best to catch a glimpse of his twin. Onus lowered himself to the ground and set the part of his coat containing Chastity in his lap and allowed Honor to crawl up into it as well if he wished.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread