It Makes My Heart Break...
[html]

I have 3 papers to write this weekend. So naturally I come to 'Souls to procrastinate. :}

As Silas casually smoked and observed this stranger, he noticed the strain in Heath's muscles as he clenched a fist. He seemed to be agitated by Silas’ confrontation, but the Russian boy saw it necessary to protect his sister. He just didn’t want anyone wandering into their self-proclaimed lodging. At least, not unexpectedly. When Heath spoke again, Silas wasn’t sure what his words meant. His features pulled into a frown of confusion as he tried his best to determine what it was that Heath had asked him.

He let out another clouded breath of smoke, before shaking his head. "I don’t understand," he replied in Russian, before raising the cigarette to his muzzle again. Silas didn’t mind taking his time – it gave him more opportunity to sway this stranger away from his family. He tried again in English. "I no know. Uhh," he made a vague gesture to the buildings around them. "Family home now." He tried studying Heath’s expression. Had he delivered his message clear enough? Or had his choppy English just confused this poor guy? "Silas," he motioned towards his chest, then towards Heath. "You?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread