Ten million fireflies.
[html]
Norchester had not left her family in a fit of anger, nor lost them to a pack of angry wolves, nor made a child's ignorant decision to be independent. Her departure from her former clan had been one that had endured a month's planning and many tearful goodbyes. She had left for one reason and one reason only; she wanted her own identity. Norchie wasn't a person who searched for an easy out. In her previous clan, she'd been born with a silver spoon in her mouth and a life of free handouts simply wasn't the sort she wanted to live. It was never easy to leave one's family behind, but Norchester had made the decision for herself and she still stuck by it as the right choice to have made.

At the older coyote's next words, Norchie found herself at a loss for a proper response and simply nodded, following the woman's one-eyed gaze up into the sky, flinching slightly as a rain drop landed squarely into her eye. Blinking the rain away, the young woman took a step closer to her companion as she introduced herself as Kaena Lykoi and the clan as Inferni. Norchester was careful to mentally repeat the words a few times before tucking them away for future reference and with her eyes meeting the one golden eye and opposite empty socket of Kaena, she smiled her acknowledgment.

Unlike many, who might ponder what the correct answer might be to such a simple question as the one Kaena had just presented her with, Norchie wasted no time in replying. It was very clear to her where her skills were and where her weaknesses fell and she felt it best to be very upfront as far as to what it was she could offer. "I'm a fairly artsy person," she began. "I read, write, draw, and sing, all things I was taught in my previous clan. I'm afraid I'm not a very powerful woman, however. I can hunt for myself, but I'm not the best, and I was never taught in weaponry or combat. I suppose the best I can offer is knowledge and entertainment, but I'm always willing to learn," she assured Kaena, offering a bashful smile. "I'm honest and obedient as well, I'll do what must be done to prove myself." Perhaps she had offered a bit of a lengthy speech, though that could be chalked up to nerves. It was always an awkward situation to try and sell yourself to a stranger, but Norchie hoped she'd done enough.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread