Ten million fireflies.
[html]
Norchester couldn't really say she was nervous. The simple question Kaena had presented her with had been more than expected and she'd answered honestly. The rest was in the older woman's hands now and Norchie could only wait patiently for her to mull over the answers she had given. The wait was not a terribly long one, but Norchester could see that Kaena was contemplating what she'd said by the look on her face. Among the clear thought that was played out on her marred features, Norchester thought she could see a pleasant look on the woman's face, though it was hard to be sure, especially with her sight slightly impaired by the rain that continue to pour down, making it hard to focus on anything completely.

After another moment's thought, Kaena responded positively. Norchester was relieved by the woman's approval and could not contain the grin that quickly played out on her face thereafter and bowed her head in thanks. She fondly remembered watching from behind her mother's legs as she interviewed others in a similar way to how Norchie was now being interviewed. It was a big circle that came around, she supposed. You had to be on one side of the process at one point or another, typically. It was a cycle much like the rain, which fell from the sky, fed into the ground to form large puddles that would soon be gone, back up to where they came from. Norchester had to stop and wonder how many others these raindrops had touched before and what their circumstances had been, however her thoughts were broken by Kaena's voice once more.

"I come from southeast of this place," she stated, contemplating how to best describe her former location. "If you are familiar with the human's geography, it is a place called Maine, which was part of the United States of America," she explained, trying not to boast her knowledge while still remaining informative. "My clan was run by my uncle, my parents were also highly ranked," she continued, forgetting her intention to remain short and to the point as she fell into memories of the place she had left behind. "We were a completely coyote clan, mostly of family members, though a few drifters made their way into our ranks. We were a civilized bunch, they taught all the young the skills I now specialize in, and many others. I was happy there," she said softly, more to herself than Kaena, before looking up at the wolf and speaking more clearly, "But I wanted to form my own identity. So I came here," she finished, slightly embarrassed by how quickly the words had flowed from her mouth.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread