Ten million fireflies.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
When you've gotten settled, please feel free to participate in the game and add yourself to the residence list! Big Grin You can reply once more if you'd like, and I'll close this up. We can just OOC say Kaena showed her around a bit, and we'll thread later, if you'd like? Big Grin

Kaena had already made her decision; there was not a thing wrong with this one, and she was in a sight better shape than several of the newcomers they'd acquired lately. It hardly mattered to Kaena if she was a vicious soul; the coyote clan was certainly in need of balance, and she did not want to tip the scales too far in either direction. The silvery hybrid listened with interest as the youth spoke, clear surprise showing on her features at once. Maine? It was not so strange that another would come from there, but this was also Kaena's birthplace, though she was hardly certain who her own coyote relatives were, and her wolf relatives certainly were not family to this pureblood canis latrans. Besides, it had been ten long years and it was a highly unlikely coincidence anyway, since the coyotes who had raised Kaena's mother were a vicious bunch.

She smiled, then, her yellow eye taking in the youth's features more carefully. If anything, they were extremely distant relatives, and it would be impossible to trace anyway. Still, the dim possibility lurked in Kaena's mind. The names she had once known of the Cruorem clan—Vasilik and Sabryne, her maternal grandparents—were likely as dead and buried as the creatures who had worn them. "Of course. I came from there a long, long time ago," she said, that strange sort of smile not fading from her face. Family was of the utmost importance to the silvery hybrid, and she could not scrub the thought from her head, however infinitesimal the odds were.

Kaena had been raised within earshot of the Atlantic, though she had never laid eyes on the ocean until she came here. The Maine coast, her birthplace, was an utter mystery to her. "Sounds like you had a good life, but I can surely understand the need to see the rest of the world. You'll make a fine addition to Inferni, Norchester," the hybrid said with a brighter grin on her face now. "You will be a Tirones for now. That is our standard subordinate rank. Our leader is Gabriel, and I am the subleader," she said, clipping the proper Latin from the speech. Tirones, Aquila, and Centurion were a lot of long, large words for a brand-new coyote, and Kaena wished to keep things as simple as possible. There would be plenty of time for Norchester to learn their ranking system later.

The silvery hybrid stood, looking to the newest addition to the coyote ranks with the ghost of that smile still plastered on her scarred face. She was quite pleased now, having forgotten all about the poor weather and the dreary day. It was always a good thing to add more coyotes to the clan, and the hybrid woman was pleased to fulfill her duty in personally gathering as many as she could. "I'll show you around if you'd like? Most of us live in the caves, but if you are more used to the civilized life, you might like the D'Neville Mansion better," the hybrid said, her sun-yellow eye looking to Norchester for her response. The hybrid held no particular prejudice against civilization, though she was well-aware there were more feral types, and she herself once liked to keep to her lupus form, scorning the werewolf's two limbs for the more natural four.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread