caught in a world that won't stop burning
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/gabrieltable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Though their age difference was great (certainly, considering that Rurik had known his grandfather), they were facing similar pain. Both had lost lovers, and their children; certainly, though, Rurik might have forgiven his mate over the years. Gabriel had not. To him, Faolin was a lost cause—she was not welcome in his home, not as long as she lived. That scarlet temptress had betrayed his trust twice over, and he hated her for it.
    A smile and nod accompanied the hybrid’s response, which was a throaty chuckle. “They’re a pair,” he offered, trying to think of the best way to explain the two. “Their godmother raised them for most of their childhood. We were dealing with a war here.” There was only the slightest change in his facial muscles, crinkling his muzzle, a wordless commentary on the event. “My daughter came back first, wanting to prove herself, I suppose. I shouldn’t have let her stay. She—“ His throat clenched suddenly, and Gabriel’s hands balled into fists. She came back and I couldn’t protect her. Gabriel’s amber eyes went hollow, unable to let that guilt go.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread