what was it i ran from, what burnt away inside?
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... letopp.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 384px; border: 1px #371C45 solid; font-size: 10px; padding-top: 150px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px; color: #371C45; text-align: justify">
ooc -
i don't think i need all the normal joining info since she's already in the souls system as a loner, but if i'm wrong just let me know and i'll edit it in up here. Big Grin. 355 words

ic -
Sofia had finally made it back to Inferni. Her legs were so sore that the last mile or two she didn't even think she would be able to take more than a step or two further. But she had made it. She was rain-soaked, and shivering, and starving, but she was here. She stood directly in front of one of the wolf skulls on the border of the coyote territory. She wondered in an idle, almost fevered way if she would die, and end up like one of those. She had appreciated for all of her life the fact that she looked more wolf than coyote, but all of a sudden it seemed like a badge of major shame. This was where she wanted to live until she died, this was the home she wanted to make. But maybe it wouldn't happen. Maybe she'd get a coyote like the one in Halifax, but this time with no dark stranger swooping in to save the day at the last minute. She cared a lot less, now, than she did then. She was too tired to care, in too much pain to really find the prospect of death more than mildly unpleasant and less than ideal.

If she had the breath to spare to howl, she might have. Might have. She could have tried to call Kaena, but she had no idea of her rank, no idea if she'd have the power to let her in, even if she wanted to, which wasn't something that was exactly guaranteed. God, she should have stopped to hunt. But the past two nights when stopping her travels for the day she had been so exhausted, so cold - why didn't the rain ever cease? That it was just so much easier to fall into an instant sleep in whatever dry place she encountered. If she survived the encounter with whoever came her way (assuming anyone ever found her if she didn't announce her presence) then the first thing she should do was find a rabbit or a mouse or anything, no matter how appealing the prospect of a warm den was.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread