left hook, you've got dead aim
[html]

Sorry for such a weird post, and also to make you wait so long for such a weird post.

Thankfully Toyko did get straight to the point and Cercelee did not have to keep her practiced speech on hold. Navy eyes were sympathetic, genuinely, for despite the unhappy words that Princess had spoken about her mother, Toyko had to care a little. The girl’s absence had not gone unnoticed. Cercelee did not mind holding her emotions from others, becoming an unreadable statue, but she did not like outwardly deceiving others. Nor did she like letting them down, and she wouldn’t let Princess down. Though her emotions were torn, Cercelee played the part flawlessly. “I must apologize for not coming to you sooner, you see…” A pause, and she tried to read the female’s face. Did Toyko suspect anything? Would she be angry? Did it matter? Deep breath and then jump in.

“Your daughter-- Princes-- has been banned from Dahlia de Mai.” Her words were definite, her voice steady and strong, as if her decision was final. And it was, as far as Cercelee was concerned, Princess has joined the ranks of Svara and Firefly, an outcast, unwelcome in her lands. The only difference was that Cercelee truly like Princess. And though Cercelee spoke in a no questions asked way, an explanation was due, because she knew that if one was not provided then she had not tied up all the loose ends. “She was stealing. From me actually. On several occasions. I gave her several chances but…” Cercelee shrugged helplessly, unwilling to say that Princess had failed, or perhaps Toyko had, and that once a thief, always a thief and thief were unwelcome. “I‘m sorry.” As she spoke, she almost forgot that she was just pretending, and it was startling to feel the role she played come to life so naturally.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread