the man in the trench coat
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... athe-2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Eeeeee! DID YOU SEE IT YET? Is so good Big Grin

It would be easy for anyone to put two and two together in this situation, not matter how unlikely it was that he was a father. He really had no friends and even if he did he wasn't the type to be shopping for gifts for their offspring. Hell, he hadn't even been in a store like this when he had been a child. So far, the only one that knew him and knew that the children Cwmfen had carried had belonged to him was Anu. Well, he supposed that Haku Soul knew as well, quite unfortunately, but that only brought the number up to two. Onus was wary of letting anyone know so much about him and now that cautiousness took on a new sort of protection and that was meant for the twins. Creeps like the Dahlian brute would try and hurt them because of who their father was. The less people that knew that he had children, the safer they would be. There was no avoiding the fact now though, and he supposed that he was glad if anyone was going to find him here it was the Inferni matron. She was a mother, she would understand the delicacy of the situation.

He saw the smile that was given to him and he looked to the floor, grunting out a "hmmf". This was actually the first time he would be admitting to his new and unexpected role of father to someone. Anu had found out the truth through Cwmfen, not through him. "Not in the future, but now." The man mustered the composure to look back up to the hybrid femme. "They live in Dahlia with their mother. I never expected to be a father." Even when his lover had been pregnant they had both assumed that the lives within her had belonged to her father, a product of the abuse he had brought down on her that one night. Though as soon as Chastity had come into the world there had been no further questions of the twins' parentage. That coat had been inherited from him, not Corvus. While he still didn't feel like much of a father, he was glad that it was him and not the deceased demon.

The coyote shifted the small book in his hands, eyes scanning over the cover once more. "They like it when I read to them. I don't know any stories though." Most at least had stories they remembered from their own childhood to draw upon, but even that experience had been denied him. For the first time in many years Onus felt inadequate and he was doing his best to not be so for the sake of the pups.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread