the man in the trench coat
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Rararar. I have jury duty at 8AM tomorrow and I DON'T WANNA GO. |: Fudge.

The hybrid had no doubt the coyote before her was going to make a good father; the effort was key, in her book. So long as parents could honestly claim, "I tried," it made all the difference in the world—no, she hadn't always done right by her children, but she had tried, for most of them, anyway. She had tried to give Kerberos and Maeryn the chance for life by leaving them by the pack borders, hoping their wolf's blood would keep them from being recognized for what they were—Inferni coyotes. Perhaps she was lucky she'd been spending so much time on Thunder Island; the clan's scent had faded from her coat, though certainly it was her smell that had betrayed the children to Salvaged.

Kaena did not know Cwmfen; indeed, she was unfamiliar with Dahlia on the whole, beyond the fact that Haku Soul and Lolita lived there. She did not know of the pack's leader, though she questioned why she would allow such a monster to reign as her second. She did not know the pack's third—though now she learned it was Onus's mate. Perhaps the thing that kept Haku where he was was blood—blood held Inferni together, it would work in other places just as well. "I don't like that, but if your woman is attached to her pack, I can understand that, though I do wonder why the Dahlian leader allows such a vile second," the hybrid said, sighing and squaring her shoulders.

"I thought I had killed him... but I guess not, huh?" the hybrid said, raising her brows in a question. He had fallen, she had choked the life from him—it was over. Yet here Onus was, speaking of Haku as if he was still alive. "Wish I did," she spat, thinking maybe Onus's problem would be solved that way—even if she didn't know who his woman was, even if she didn't know his children, she felt frightened for his family. They lived with the devil himself.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread