the man in the trench coat
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... athe-2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Big Grin

He saw the disappointment on Kaena's face and he felt it as well, though of course he did not show it. If Haku had been killed then he would not fear for his family nearly as much as he did now. His most potent enemy now that Corvus was dead was the Soul male. Perhaps he had something to be wary of with that mad lone coyote as well, but he was not nearly as much of a threat as the wolf was though. His loved ones were too close to Haku and vice versa. He wished that Kaena's words were more of a comfort, but sadly they were not. Part of it was true, yes he was more capable than most of defending his children, but at the same time it was them being his that put them in so much danger. "They must worry simply because I am their father. If I weren't Haku would take no interest in them." Even if Haku was not an issue surely someone else would be. The ones Onus cared for would always be in danger for the simple fact that he did love them. There is no better way to attack someone than to go after what they hold dear. "I don't believe she is ignorant of what he is. Which makes it all the more troubling." Cercelee wasn't blind, even if she did turn a blind eye to his actions.

The words to finish the last sentence she spoke were not lost on him, and there were few things currently that he wanted more than the demise of the Dahlian brute. Unfortunately his emotional ties had also tied his hands on being able to dispose of the main thing that threatened them. "I will only get that chance now if he comes after me. My love is their warrior and so if I attack him she would be forced to take up arms against me. It is only if he makes the first strike that I may strike back and I believe he is too clever to do that for now." He was not so arrogant as to think Haku feared him, he knew he didn't, but as much as he hated to admit it the man was not stupid.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread