there's a part of me that still believes
[html]

With what was clearly deliberate slowness, Armistice raised his head as a harshly punctuated female voice entered his ears, causing them to swivel in the stranger's direction before the coyote's eyes followed. Once his leafy-green gaze had fixed upon the battle-worn woman before him, they widened slightly in mild interest. Her one-eyed stare was hard to miss, as were the numerous streaks of white in her fur caused, undoubtedly, by a number of violent skirmishes. If he were to make the smart move, he would have flopped into submission instantaneously or else risk becoming one of the many skulls within view. What Armistice did, however, was part his jaws in a wide yawn.

Once his teeth had scissored back together, tongue briefly licking over his lips before setting his jaw, he dipped his head low. "I'd do even better to keep a sharper mind. Unfortunately, some things become dull too quickly," he replied, getting slowly to his feet. In doing so, it was clear that he was not making any wrong moves anymore. To remain laying down idly would have been more disrespectful than his yawn, but to stand tall was not his objective - on his feet, he remained close to the ground in passive submission, not quite meeting the female's single golden eye.

"My name is Armistice Shanti," he began again. "I have been wandering for longer than I'd like too, and when I caught scent of your home --" he paused, inhaling deeply, to make sure she was from the pack in front of them (she had woken him up, after all, and he hadn't seen where she'd come from). Scent confirming her to in fact be one of the border markers, he continued: "-- I was overcome by a comforting feeling. I suppose that explains my nap," he said, although the surroundings could hardly be considered "comforting" here. "I suppose I'd like to offer my services, if I can be useful, in return for a more permanent stay."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread