there's a part of me that still believes
[html]

Armistice had met his share of reprimand for his laid-back attitude in the past. Whether it was because he wasn't paying attention, focusing hard enough on a task at hand, or simply not caring, countless creatures (his mother came to mind) had seen fit to lecture him about good manners and attentiveness. However, very few of these lessons had sunken in. It must have been providence, then, that the bullet-colored coyote before him happened to have a rather laid-back attitude herself. She did not, as he half-expected, bear down on him and show off how powerful she was. Instead, she stated the facts as plainly as he himself had done.

Casting his eyes again to the forest behind her (you know, the nice looking one behind all those... war trophies), he nodded. Inferni. If this was going to be his new haunt, he might as well memorize the name. "Pleasure to meet you, Kaena," he replied, deciding that they were going to be on a first-name basis. With a nod toward the skulls, he rolled his shoulders into a shrug. "I suppose you don't like wolves much, eh? Well, that's okay. I'll just tell my wolf-half he's not welcome, and he'll stay under my skin," he added, a sly grin winding its way onto his features to match Kaena's. It was no use hiding the wolf that flowed in his veins, but, if he wasn't mistaken, the girl before him didn't look so coyote herself.

When the topic of conversation became introspective for Armistice, he took a moment. Selling himself was never something he was good at, so that was not something he was going to say as a thing he could do. "A little of this, a little of that," he said in lieu of remaining silent for two long, arching his back up in a catlike way, and looking the part by brushing lightly against the tree beside him. "I have spent most of life walking - I know my way around, and learn terrain well. I never forget a place or a smell. But I suppose, most of all, I am good at talking. By looking at me, I'm sure you can see I'm no warrior - I prefer to use my tongue rather than my teeth. I talk my way in and out of predicaments daily. I noticed there were several other packs on the way I took to get here. I am sure you must have relations with them, whether peaceful or otherwise? Well, I can be your go-between. You ever hear that saying, 'don't shoot the messenger?' Well, I'm one messenger who's never been shot, and I don't plan on ever taking a bullet."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread