Place a Fortress Around My Heart
[html]

tis fine Smile
300+

The flame flickered in the enclosed glass. Protected from the dark cool air that Mati walked through, and guiding her into the living area. The manor was so large, but she had grow accustom to the vast building, and her room was just off the common area. A few steps took her to the shadow claimed room. Its darkness parted and slinked shyly away from the candle. Violet eyes drooped, and there was a chill that surrounded her as she walked into the empty room. Her own room held a sort of warmth, but it was missing here. Paws stepped lightly, though she could not miss each of the creaking floorboards that relieved her entrance into the room. The scents filtered to her keen nose and she noticed that one was dominant over the rest, but her mind was eager to ignore it. Her heart was not, but the strength of distracting thoughts could overpower it.

The room was not empty. And no thought could distract her from the figure that was settled on the room’s couch. He spoke, shaken words that sounded heavy with sleep. Sleep that she has been looking for. It seemed that he had sought the couch as a place for a restful night as well. Mati figured it was for reasons unlike her own. "I’m sorry.” She said, part of her wanting to turn around and seek the comfort of her bed. But there was no way she would be able to find rest. They had ignored each other, just hours before and Mati was embarrassed of that, though she wanted to speak with him. She feared what he would say and the words that might come from her own mouth, her thoughts so confused. The other held her in place, not really sorry that she stood where she did and that they were both alone in the dark. She felt the silence filter between them, violet eyes watching him and light of the lone candle.

Again her voice broke the dimly lit air, “I didn’t think anyone would be in here.” She looked away then, eyes looking down with a lack of courage. It only lasted a moment, violet gaze returned to him and matched the gold that danced in the dark.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread