Place a Fortress Around My Heart
[html]

Big Grin
300+

She didn’t like this feeling. To be alone in the dark with him. He thought something of her, something that she didn’t truly understand and something that she did not believe she was capable of. The words spoke so loudly in her mind, and though at the time they had hurt, Mati had felt plenty of anger towards them, and towards him. But once more she felt sadness, insecure in her large body and as she stood before his sitting form. Both in the dark. Had he know her thoughts as he spoke? Had he been obsessing over them as she had? Mati’s face grew still, hard as she thought them over once more. At least he thought something of them, and her emotions were worth feeling. “I’m not like that.” She spoke, softly. She suddenly felt the urge to cry, and held the tears back. Why did it matter? She wondered. But he would know that she was not something that could be taken, and then tossed to the side.

To hurt Haven was a mistake. No one was allowed to hurt her brother, and if he ever wished to, he would see the true rage that the large wolfess was capable of. But that wasn’t the sort of hurt he spoke of. It was the sort of hurt she had wanted Princess to feel when the two had run into each other. How was that any different? Mati would not mention it, and let him have those words.

Violet eyes looked at him, and she took a step forward. She placed the lantern on the table, and the light no longer danced with her movement. Her mouth felt dry, and the words that she wished to speak, the feelings she was scared to share were hard to come by. She was not the thing the black coated male had wanted, she would not suffer as her mother had before she was born. No one would take anything from her without her consent, and even if she allowed it no one would toss her aside afterwards. Then she questioned him, for as he had she spoke the thoughts that came into her mind;

“Would you do that?” To me, to anyone?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread