one broken cog to ravage the machine.
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
A Flogging Molly song! I forget which, but it's on their newest CD, "Float." Big Grin

The coyote woman gave a half-hearted shrug of her shoulders. None had stood out exceptionally from the others, and it would seem they were all on about the same level."All in good condition," she said. "There's a good variety of skills. I suggested to the very newest, Armistice, to seek you out. He said he liked to explore," the coyote said with a smile. Perhaps if Anselm was feeling up to it, he could immerse himself in work; it generally helped to keep the mind on busy tasks, otherwise ennui simply gave ill thoughts time to brew and sour.

The coyote woman knew nothing of DaVinci, and if she had she would have disapproved of him just as strongly as others had. He was a good-for-nothing little brat, and Kaena could not see what Ryan could have seen in him. She'd encountered him twice thus far, and both times she'd been mocked, and both times she'd tasted his blood for it. Simple, really—but the hybrid woman would have kept her mouth shut, unless the auburn coyote had flaunted their relationship, which had not seemed to. The ash-colored female was not unfamiliar with liasons that nobody else seemed to approve of, but she had a rather personal reason to dislike DaVinci. Still, this did not register on her head as Anselm spoke.

In the minutes of his speech the coyote remained silent and contemplative, listening with care as he spoke. The hybrid woman hardly knew the specifics of his relationship with his family, although she had gotten the impression things were somewhat strained. Then again, looking at how Kaena and Gabriel had acted toward each other on occasion, one could hardly call their relationship absolutely peaceful. "You know that I have had many children. All of which were born in Inferni—every last one. How many remain now? Two? Three?" the hybrid shook her head. The numbers spoke the loudest, and her kin were growing scarce.

"But with Razekiel's return, I can tell you that all but one other has returned to me at some point," the hybrid woman said, thinking of Conway. "I do not think that will be the last of either of them you see," the hybrid added reassuringly. "It's not easy." The coyote's voice took on a new sort of tone to it with this last statement, thinking of Kerberos and Maeryn. Oh, what she'd thrown away there. "It only seems it because I've had practice now. I was not a good mother to my first-born children." It was difficult for Kaena to admit failure, but here was one of her most glaring errors.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread