one broken cog to ravage the machine.
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/epidemic.gif); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:226px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Wow, fail for not having this thread on my log. :/

The coyote woman was pretty satisfied with Inferni's level of defense; they had their strong, well-marked borders. You had to be stupid or just crazy not to notice the skulls dangling from the trees and placed oh-so-casually on pikes, after all. Then there were the scent-borders, which they made sure to keep up quite well with. The hybrid woman didn't suspect anybody would or could try to enter their territory through the inlet, unless of course, they had a boat. The coyote nodded, and grinned. "Of course. No use being sneaky if everybody knows your name and your face," she said almost cheerily.

The silvery Centurion often wondered when she would see some of her lost and forgotten children again; it had been a long time since Kaena had seen some of them. She still wondered what had become of her eldest, Kerberos, who had not shown face since Gabriel was a young child. The hybrid coyote supposed that was entirely her fault; what connection did Kerberos have to Kaena, anyway? The hybrid woman had hardly been a mother to the poor boy, and he was the only remnant of Zulifer Yfel left anywhere in the world. "The world isn't such a large place, and a mother and child have a special kind of bond. I think they will find each other out there," the coyote said, smiling and almost wishing the same could be said for Eris and herself. Whatever bond had existed between those two had certainly shattered.

The coyote did not know Anselm had family extending beyond Ryan and Valkyrie; it intrigued her to learn this. The de le Poer line had continued somewhere else, it seemed—or several somewhere elses, if she understood Anselm correctly. The hybrid appeared contemplative, churning his words over in her head before offering her reply. "At least you sought them out to make an offer—and I'm sure the rest of your children know it still stands. Someday they might come. Attitudes change, minds change," the coyote said. "Besides, I do think Ryan considers this place home, and if that is the truth, she will return to you," the coyote added, confident of this. So long as Anselm remained accessible and here, he would see his daughter again.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread