one broken cog to ravage the machine.
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... enchfd.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:230px; background-position:top center; background-color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; color:#E8E7E5; line-height:16px">
        He drank in her words slowly, carefully, meticulously as always. For a split second his thoughts diverged as he tried to decide whether he agreed with her statement or not--in the sense that the sky stretched on forever to the stars, he supposed she was correct, although in some fundamental, practical sense he wasn't too sure. He'd met at least four women who hailed from overseas--given two were siblings from Italy, and he reckoned it wasn't as statistically significant for the sisters to either travel together or for one to knowingly seek out the other after their initial departure. A third had not traversed the seas of liquid water by boat, but the frozen, icy bridges of the north. That meant that a minimum of two trans-Atlantic voyages had taken place in recent history--which, frankly, was more than he expected, but that made neither journey seem particularly fun or trivial.

He liked to think that Valkyrie had tracked after her mother and kept the trail; he did not really want to consider the possibility that poor weather may have thrown her off course and irrevocably sent them drifting away from one another in separate directions. Quickly, his mind concluded that he would simply trust her instincts on this one: no matter what happened, it was the most peaceable solution. What grounds did he have to question paternal advice at all, especially where mothers were concerned? He'd never even seen any of the women he'd been with mother his children--as far as he was concerned, the whole process was some kind of voodoo female magic.

With what she said next, though, he found himself emphatically and whole-heartedly agreeing--she was right. "I suppose you're right; can't turn back time, but can always rewind the watch, eh? I'll be here when they get back." Even though it was not directly in his words, in his tone of voice alone there was thanks (mingled with relief). For all of the fuss, the conclusion now seemed rather simple. It was certainly nice to have input from a neutral, outside perspective, he reminded himself--without her to kick his mind out of the infinite loop, he'd probably be mulling over the situation still, rather than making references to peculiar human devices she may have never even seen before.

I HAVE A CUTE IDEA. But I don't know if it'll pan out or not. ): -Will see if you go along with it.- ;D
[/html]

Messages In This Thread