one broken cog to ravage the machine.
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... /crash.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:225px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#8E9B94; line-height:16px">
close enough. xD let me know if you want pp changed. good thread! i'm sure it's only a matter of time before we have another ;D
@&#&$His grin reflected her own, and for the first time his tail gave two genuinely enthusiastic wags. "Yeah..." he trailed off in vague agreement. With that a silence settled in, though it was not tinged by awkwardness or discomfort. There was something to be said for their level of closeness, in that they could simply be in one another's presence and not feel compelled to fill the air between them with words. His facial features lifted, though, and he cocked his head at her curiously before rising to his feet. "Hey, I really appreciate this. I've got an idea."
@&#&$Without waiting for a real response or confirmation of interest, he rose and began at an easy lope toward the Caves. When he reached his own den he offered her a quick wink before disappearing inside; he returned several moments later with an old, golden pocket watch dangling loosely from his jaws--a fitting trinket, perhaps, for his previous allusion. Even now the device ticked quietly away, oblivious to the fact its original creators were now little more than dust and fertiliser for plants.
@&#&$Anselm had synchronised it at high noon once. From his perspective, it was really quite amazing how it managed to keep time with the natural flow of the day--though its variance with the seasons was somewhat peculiar. It was strange to consider that the sun did not rise at the same time every day of the year, but it was only through this watch that he had learned nature was not so simple a machine. It actually varied across a two or three hour span, as did sunset.
@&#&$Maybe it was a cheesy gift, but he had always liked the stupid thing and he thought it might be a fitting symbol of their friendship. In such a short time they'd grown awfully (almost automatically) close. "Here, I want you to have this. Just try not to get it wet, and it'll keep chugging indefinitely, I think." He shrugged a little as he stepped forward and managed to wrangle the chain over her neck, then stepped back and offered an awkward smile. And then there was nothing to do but keep moving forward, much as both hybrids had done for their entire lives. "Thanks again, Kaena. Have a good one," with that, he offered a bow of his head before retreating back inside for the night.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread